Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 2

Day 2: The meaning of your blog name


So the original name of my blog was "gwiddle". There is a story behind that name, ready for it? When I was in high school my girlfriends and I started calling each other "girl" instead of by there name. Anyways, one day we went to McDonald's during school and my younger sister was ordering our food at the drive thru. Someone had wanted a Mc Griddle so when Angela went to order she got tongue tied and ended up saying, " can I get one Mc Gwiddle!!" She got super embarrassed. After that we all started calling each other gwiddle, or gwid. Tada!
Also I guess I better explain my current blog name, "grin & bear it." As many of you now my married name is Barrett, and when I got married I decided to make this blog about Aaron and my life. I was trying to come up with a cleaver name that had the word Barrett in it. So I came up with "grin & bear it" So cheesy, but hey it's kind of true. When you get married you never realized the little habits that the other person has that bother you. Those  little things you have to just deal with, so "grin & bear it" seemed fitting for my newly married blog title. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...