Monday, January 9, 2012

72 hours

As many of you already know my Grandmother passed away last week.
She died on Tuesday January Third, just 3 days shy of her 93rd birthday.
Although she was old and had been suffering for many years,
It has been very hard.
I miss her very much.
On Friday morning at 3 am my family packed up and drove to Canada for the funeral service.
It was nice to see so many of my aunts/uncles/and cousins there. 
(from both sides of my family)
Here are some photos of our short trip up and back. 
 4 am in the car
Sammie is so funny, she always sleeps on her back. 
 We are so lucky that our dogs travel so well in the car. Hardly heard a peep from these two.

Frozen over Duck Lake
Photos of scenery on the drive.
 We celebrated my Grandmothers birthday on Friday.
Funeral Attire.
Trying to put myself together before going into the viewing.
Some of the funeral procession.                                                                
It was bitter cold at the burial site, and the wind was unforgiving.
I hope there was a joyous reunion when my Grandmother got to heaven.
My Uncle who died at age 13 months, their first born. 




I miss you Grandma I hope you are so happy and free from pain.
 Flowers from the casket.
 The view from the cemetery

So glad they can be together again<3

The house my Grandmother was born in.
Sunset over the country.
For some reason this photo wont upload upright! So annoying. Seriously my eyes feel bruised from all of the crying i've done. 
Ticked I bought the BAKED ones. SO LAME.

This was the view the morning we left to come home. 
It was peaceful and almost felt as though it was my grandmothers way of waving goodbye.
She always did that when we left Canada.
I miss that.
These are so addicting. Good thing I live in the states!
One tuckered out pup.
I hope you all had a great weekend!!

15 comments:

Alycia said...

i'm sorry for your loss :(

Katie said...

I'm sorry love. From what I read, it seems like she lived a long and loving life. I haven't lost my grandmothers yet, but I know that day will be pretty awful.

Also, I think it's so cool that the house she was born in is still standing! Even though it's not livable, it's still really cool to have a visual representation

Kandice Breinholt said...

again, this is heartbreaking. i'm so sorry.

i can't imagine losing a child after 13 months of loving them more than anything. i know i've said this before.... but i bet she's so, so happy. and waiting for you guys to eventually join her now too ♥

(in manymanymanymanymany years)

Chrissy said...

I am so sorry for your loss!
Wonderful pictures! xxx

Taryn said...

aww boo :(

i love the picture of her with her hubbs. and so cool the house she grew up in is still standing. it's a time shock looking at that knowing she LIVED there because it looks like a barn to me.

i once heard that butterflies can represent our loved ones who pass...and my grandma used to have the greatest garden and there was never a shortage of butterflies so any time i see a butterfly it makes me think of my grandma and even if it isn't her, i like to believe it is her checking in, saying hey. the sky and your grandma's waving story is what made me share that. hold on to that and your grandma will be with you forever!

grandmas suck to lose!

ps. you look hawt in your funeral attire. even if it is funeral attire.

deanna@delirious-rhapsody said...

i can't imagine losing my firstborn when they were already 13 months old. :-/

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

I'm so sorry Heidi!
HUGS, HUGS, HUGS!
I think it's so neat that the house where she grew up is still there.
Thinking of you sweet girl!

With Love, Jamie said...

Heidi-I love yoooouuu! I'm so sorry for your loss friend :(
Lots of love sent your way!! Oh & you look pretty!! ;)

david and christina said...

i miss you and your family. i am glad you knew your grandmother for so long and i hope she is happy in heaven.p.s. i can't believe how long your hair has gotten.

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Still thinking about you. And it is so cool that you all celebrated her birthday.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma...I lost mine about two months ago. She was the greatest lady. She was 93 too! It seems like your grandma had a wonderful life! That's all I can hope for that's for sure!

xoxo
Aarean

p.s. come check out my THEIT camera bag giveaway! I think you'd really like it!

Lauren said...

sorry for your loss!
but remember to find happiness in even the saddest of times.

kenzie said...

<3 sorry for your loss, dear. i need to start reading here more.

Maggi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I was tearing up reading your post. Death is never easy, no matter how much you may be prepared for it in advance. It is good that you were able to go to the funeral. It provides closure in some ways. I'm sure you are taking much comfort that she is free from pain.

Even before the sunrise photos, the scenery photos of your trip up seemed serene and quiet. It felt as though you were being told to be at peace. I hope you are. <3

Anonymous said...

meme104视频聊天室 , meme104视频聊天室 , meme104视频聊天室 , meme104视频聊天室 , meme104视频聊天室 , meme104视频聊天室 , meme104视频聊天室 , meme104视频聊天室 , meme104视频聊天室 , meme104视频聊天室

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...