Thursday, March 10, 2011

Exercise is evil

Last week I had the pleasure of doing a handmade trade with the lovely and talented Gale over at Wichser Studio. Her blog is so artistic and creative, I love visiting it for inspiration. 
She also has an etsy shop you should check out!
Oh and she lives in NYC, so basically that makes her supreme among us bloggers ;)
Here is what she sent me. 
I love this funky wrist cuff, I can't wait for this weekend when I can dress up in normal clothing 
{I wear scrubs to work}
and accessorize with these lovely creations!
I am sorry for the horrible pictures the lighting in my house is horrid. 
AND
 I use my IPhone to take  the pictures, not exactly profesh. when it comes to indoor photography. 
BUT 
Soon my dears the Cannon T2I will be mine!
Next she sent me this amazing necklace. I feel like I am wearing a sculpture around my neck when I wear it. I LOVE this. Oh and it is long too, I like long necklaces.
 I forgot to mention, I love the handmade packaging and detail she puts into everything. She even has CUTE business cards
{which I forgot to photograph>.<}
And last but certainly not least this amazing necklace! I love the woodwork on the middle "bead" 
{what would I call it, my mind is blank}
Next to the center "bead" is some awesome purple leather. 
Oh Gale, you sure know how to make me swoon!
Make sure to check her out! You won't be sorry!
***
Sammie looks like she is trying to eat Oscar whole in this picture! This makes me laugh every time I see it. I love those stinky little pups!
Somehow while working out 
{i must have been concentrating super hard} 
I ended up biting the insides of both of my cheeks. Any who. Today  I was chewing a piece of gum when, "splice" my canine tooth went straight through my lip splitting it open. My mouth instantly filled with blood. Great. Now both cheeks are swollen and my lip is too!! Just thought I would share.
***
Check out my new shower curtain! It goes perfectly with the bathroom paint! Okay so this picture was actually to show that I braided my hair!! Woot. 
I hate it to be honest. Teach me how to braid?
I got new work out clothes at Target today, they make me feel like a lean machine. 
{not}
But I do feel better working out in real clothing made for exercise.
I still hate exercising. I know shocker! And you know the only thing that keeps me on that damn bike?
The thought of this if all goes well at the end of the week:
Pure Heaven.
Good night!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

hahah i love reading your posts... very snazzy gifts! ugh, i bite my mouth like that all the time.. i don't know what it is.. clumsiness?
loving the shower curtain, loving the braid.. loving the shower curtain the most! oh, and getting work out clothes.. that's what i need!.. working out in leggings is just.. not doing it... get that cupcake!

With Love, Jamie said...

Your trade items are so wonderful! Love 'em all so much! :) That cuff! The yellow!!Lucky you!
And I am sooo jealous of your shower curtain!! I want it, fingers crossed that our new home will need a shower curtain! ;) And i think those braids look cute on you! I can't braid AT ALL...
Ouch, sorry bout your poor mouth...just keep lookin' forward to that cupcake!!!
Have a fantastic evening sweet friend! xo

Diana Smith said...

this is a cute post! I love your new shower curtain and you look awesome in your new workout clothes! I don't even know why you work out, you look so good! And yay for another treat!!

Amy Nielson said...

ah man, i love long necklaces too. and oh man, cheek bites are THE worst. i'm sorry friend.

kenzie said...

ohmy, gale's goodies are pretty much amazing. i love love LOVE that necklace. too cute!
maybe i will move to utah and we can be real life besties. who knows, i change my mind ALL the time. and utah IS really pretty. ohhhh what to dooo!

also, there is nothing like new work out clothes to make you feel SO good and motivated to work out, so well DONE! i'm so proud. i haven't left the house in two days and i feel sooo damn lazy. my back is feeling ten times better and im determined to go to the gym tomorrow, even if i have to bike or something instead of running.

because in the past two days, i have eaten almost all my weekly points. HORRIBLE.
i better not gain this week or someone is going to be crabby.

anyway, you're adorable. that is all.
:)

Maggi said...

I "chew" my cheeks when I'm anxious :/ That picture could totally be my mouth.

Your dogs are hilarious :D What a great capture.

I'm glad I'm not the only one motivated by cupcakes! That one looks *so* good. You should tape a photo of it in your workout area! hehe.

Mirjam said...

Hmmm looks delicous on the last picture!

Shewearscrazywell said...

Wow...Gale does not disappoint...just beautiful!!! And it all looks great on you!! Oh my...I actually like your braid and the shower curtain...a lot! :) You do looks super lean in that pic with the workout clothes! Super woman <----- yes I'm singing that! Ha ha! Adorable puppy pics too :) Hearts, Janna Lynn

Gale said...

Heidi<3 You are the sweetest! You sure captured my heart! That was such a fun trade and I'm happy you like what I sent. I too was nervous!! Swaps can be a bit nerve-wracking, but I'm so glad to have been 'handmade trade devirginized' by you and Jamie to make it a great experience. WHOA that was vulgar, sorry! Anywhoo, you two are sweethearts. Can't wait for my next handmade trade victim haha. (I will be posting your things soon with hopefully an outfit post!)

AND miss skinny...look at you go! You are so awesome with motivation. You seriously will be rockin' the beach bod hard core by this summer! I agree too, that new gym clothes help motivate working out. Keep doing what you're doing girl:D

p.s. As much as i loved that blurb, I have to correct you- I'm not as cool as you may think lol. I'm from New Jersey and even if I was from NY, there's no way I'm anything over anyone else. I'm part of the UN-cool club round these parts. Trust me hahha.

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

I love the necklaces she sent! Very unique and so pretty!
HAHA! Your pups! She looks like a Raptor Dino and she's about to pounce on him!
Love the shower curtain!
YAY! for exercise clothes and cupcakes too!

Saving Capulet said...

those are amazing accessories! I fell in love with the cuff! it's so funky and unique <3 and i hope you're cheeks would heal soon :( that happens to me a lot ._.

la petite lydia said...

That is awesome! Everything is so cute. I'm sorry working out was rough, that sucks about biting your cheek.

And that picture of the dogs...adorable.

Chrissy said...

Love the trade items!!! And looking hot in those workout clothes!!
Love the shower curtain and that braid is awesome!
Happy Friday!

~April~ said...

That shower curtain is SO cute! And your braid looks good, not sure why you didn't like it. ;) I need to invest in some more workout clothes. I have two pair of pants that I alternate when I go to the gym, so they get washed A LOT!! Ha, ha...

Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Veronica said...

Cute blog!
Follow me? I'd be very happy if you do it!
Thank you so much!

www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

Taryn said...

that braid aint bad at all!! when i learned i just practiced over and over and over again on myself and now i'm pro but i don't usually wear them except for maybe my bangs because they're getting pretty long.

happy saturday!

Breeanna @ a brilliant melody said...

I too love long necklaces. I only have one right now, but I wear it all time. It was an Etsy purchase (of course most awesomeness comes form Etsy!)

I worked out today! I mostly walked on the treadmill and ran for 3 minutes at a time, but I burned 500 calories, yay!

Paigeepee. said...

lets beat up that evil exercise! show him whats up! lol. but i love your braids. I'm practicing waterfall braids they are my current Everest lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...