Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day

I have decided that for my Christmas day post I would just list what we did in order. Instead of trying to come up with "clever" sentences to describe the events of the day. So here goes:

  • Woke up at 8:21 am-sister called to tell me kids were awake
  • Went to moms house to watch kids open presents (A MUST)                        
  • Helped kids put together/play with their presents
  • ate a full breakfast
  • Went home woke husband up, had our first Christmas as a married couple with our furry children.

  •         Got AMAZING gifts from my awesome husband (Nordstrom gift card, Toms Shoes gift card, and a stay up in SLC at my FAV hotel for next weekend ) I love this man ;)
  • Husband then was very sleepy (had to work graves later that night) so he went back to sleep and I went back to my moms. 
  • Layed around all day-pretty much in between each thing i've described
  • Went back to my house around 2 for Christmas with my Father in-law his GF Valerie, and Sister in-law Amanda and her husband Stephan. We sat around enjoying the conversation and then exchanged gifts. Art (my father in law) gave me a cute handmade card with some money! Valerie made some cute candle holders with yummy smelling candles :) Amanda and Stephen gave Aaron and I some jam and a goodie box with cheese and salami 
  • Went back to parents house and ate a DELICIOUS prime rib and garlic mashed potato dinner. 
  • Sat around some more
  • Opened presents from parents (Pea coat! Printed Card stock, and a gift card) 
  • I also got a portrait of my dogs by: my sister, some Mrs Meyers cleaning products, some stem ware, my sister in law made me an awesome couch pillow, and an adorable striped cardigan with golden buttons. (I will have a HUGE photo dump coming up soon)                                  
  • Then husband had to go to work:(
  • Pretty much just sat around and talked with family/slept the rest of the night

All in all it was one of the best Christmas' I have had in a long time, full of family laughter and awesome food:) I hope everyone had a great Christmas as well!

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!
(didn't get any pictures of the four of us!)

6 comments:

Gale said...

aww sounds like a really lovely Christmas you had :) You got some very awesome presents and got to spend it with lots of people. & that's so cool it was you and your husbands first Christmas as a married couple too! Congrats hehe..i know it makes it feel a bit more special ;)

p.s. i love your new blog background and also..im in love with your portrait of your dogs! who made that?

Delirium said...

Wow what a sweet husband you have. Your Christmas sounds awesome, glad you had such a fun and relaxing time. :)

Delirium said...

BTW! As soon as I get my student loan I'm paying my gym pass (yeah, its been a couple months, haha) and then we should start going. I want to get hot by summer---you in?

I realllllllllllly need a gym buddy so you better be in.

Gwiddle said...

I am DEFINITELY in Bonnie!

Chrissy said...

Wow, awesome presents!!
He did very good!!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

how fun that you had your very first Christmas together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...