I have decided that for my Christmas day post I would just list what we did in order. Instead of trying to come up with "clever" sentences to describe the events of the day. So here goes:
- Woke up at 8:21 am-sister called to tell me kids were awake
- Went to moms house to watch kids open presents (A MUST)
- Helped kids put together/play with their presents
- ate a full breakfast
- Went home woke husband up, had our first Christmas as a married couple with our furry children.
- Got AMAZING gifts from my awesome husband (Nordstrom gift card, Toms Shoes gift card, and a stay up in SLC at my FAV hotel for next weekend ) I love this man ;)
- Husband then was very sleepy (had to work graves later that night) so he went back to sleep and I went back to my moms.
- Layed around all day-pretty much in between each thing i've described
- Went back to my house around 2 for Christmas with my Father in-law his GF Valerie, and Sister in-law Amanda and her husband Stephan. We sat around enjoying the conversation and then exchanged gifts. Art (my father in law) gave me a cute handmade card with some money! Valerie made some cute candle holders with yummy smelling candles :) Amanda and Stephen gave Aaron and I some jam and a goodie box with cheese and salami
- Went back to parents house and ate a DELICIOUS prime rib and garlic mashed potato dinner.
- Sat around some more
- Opened presents from parents (Pea coat! Printed Card stock, and a gift card)
- I also got a portrait of my dogs by: my sister, some Mrs Meyers cleaning products, some stem ware, my sister in law made me an awesome couch pillow, and an adorable striped cardigan with golden buttons. (I will have a HUGE photo dump coming up soon)
- Then husband had to go to work:(
- Pretty much just sat around and talked with family/slept the rest of the night
All in all it was one of the best Christmas' I have had in a long time, full of family laughter and awesome food:) I hope everyone had a great Christmas as well!
Merry Christmas from our family to yours!(didn't get any pictures of the four of us!)