Friday, October 8, 2010

To my dear childhood friend.

I know that most of my blogs are centered around my dogs. I can't help it, they are my world. I have had a special bond with small animals ever since i was a kid. When I was four years old my family got my first dog. She was a one year old apricot toy poodle, her name was Cherokkee. I remember the day that we got her like it was yesterday. She was my older sister Kate's birthday present. I loved Cherokkee, and she was one of my best friends throughout my childhood and teenage years. When I was nineteen years old Cherokkee passed away from old age. This was my first real experience with death. It made me realize that one day this to would happen to me. I remember how hard it was to lay her little body into the frozen earth. Coming home one night I caught a glimpse of her little paw prints still visible in the frozen snow. A lump rose up in my throat and tears started streaming down my face. It has almost been four years since her death, but she will always be in my heart. It's hard to think that one day, Oscar and Sammie to will die. The lessons that these dogs have shown me of compassion and unconditional love amaze me.

                                              Cherokkee, Sam, and I when I was 5 years old
                                          Rest in peace my dear friend, you are greatly missed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...