Saturday, January 1, 2011

D-Day

Today is thee day. Every year on this day I make promises to myself that I rarely keep. Unfortunately I don't have any of last year's resolutions written down. (or as far as I can find) I have really enjoyed reading many bloggers posts comparing last years blogged resolutions with what they actually accomplished this year and I decided I would start this year! Yes friends I am going to blog my resolutions! (how original, right?) So here goes, hopefully the end of 2011 proves successful.

  • Lose 30 lbs.... I know this is almost everyones goal, but I really want to do it this time!
  • Take time to make dinner at least 5 times a week
  • Create more
  • Keep my room clean!!
  • Be a more patient wife
  • Keep growing my hair (I really really want boob length hair.. Even if it only lasts a month)
  • Take more time to play with my dogs
  • Take my dogs on a walk outside at least 5 times a week, even for just 5 minutes.
  • Go on more outings with my husband
  • Be more active
  • Learn a new skill
  • Take at least 1 big road trip with my husband
  • Try to dress up after work, instead of getting into sweats
  • Wake up in the morning and actually get ready!!! Including make up. For some reason lately I have not been taking the time to get all "dolled" up. I think it is because of my weight gain, I just don't feel like I look good. So whats the point right?
  • Meet my mother and sister in-law for the first time
  • Figure out a better car situation
  • BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET
  • and last but not least, stop eating out so dang much.
I'm sure that more goals and resolutions will come to my mind later on. & maybe I will add to this list, but for now I think that this is a pretty substantial list! What are your goals for the new year??
Well heres to 2011 and hoping to meet some of these by next year!
Oh yeah and I finally finished crocheting Oscars sweater! (it needs to be a tad smaller, but I am pretty proud of myself for finishing it!)

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

Great list!
I don't really do resolutions....it's so hard to stick to them...but I do want to lose some weight as well and I want to try and not worry about things too much!

la petite lydia said...

I made a list last year and completely forgot about it. BUT, your resolution list is great. I hope you accomplish everything.

Gale said...

Happy New Year Heidi!!

Your list sounds really great and I wish you all the luck with each and every goal! It's funny, I could relate to most of your list actually! Like cooking more, getting dolled up more, create more, keep my workspace clean..and a bunch of others. Let's do this!! Brriiing it 2011!

I love Oscar in his new sweater :)

Shewearscrazywell said...

I think you look lovely! Just have a goal to be healthy and you'll be happier. It takes the pressure off..and really more important than size is health. :) Good luck on everything...I'm gonna try to cook more and clean up more too. Good list. Take Care..and Happy New Year! Hearts, Janna Lynn

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

great list girl!
I need to do the cooking more. I'm a slacker!
p.s. you are super beautiful!

Hello Again Vintage said...

Happy New Year! Those are wonderful and realistic goals! You can do it! :)

xoxo,
Grace

P.S. Great job with Oscar's new threads. :D

Mandy said...

Happy New Year! Great resolutions! And I love Oscar's sweater!

Eva said...

I have almost all the same goals as you, seriously

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...